Michael Allen Harrison Annual Benefit Concert
This much loved piano concert is a great way to kick off the holidays, at one of Portland’s renowned music venues. Celebrating its 16th year at St. Philip Neri Church on SE Division, this famed performer Michael Allen Harrison (www.michaelallenharrison.com) will offer his signature contemporary music, with Julianne Johnson’s powerful, joyful singing on Tuesday, November 28th at 7:00 p.m. in the church known for its wonderful acoustics.
Tickets are can be purchased in advance by calling 503-231-4955. Tickets will also be available for purchase in the foyer after the 4:00 p.m. mass on Saturday and the 9:30 a.m. mass on Sunday leading up to the event. Tickets can also be purchased the evening of the benefit concert at the door.
$25 - Preferred seating
$15 - General admission
St. Philip Neri Catholic Church, 2408 SE 16th Ave.
Entrance to the church is on Tamarack, fully accessible, with plenty of free parking behind.
The Altar Society will host a reception featuring traditional homemade cookies
This event, sponsored by the St. Philip Neri Altar Society, donates proceeds to directed, structural building repairs for the church and other improvements for church and hall. In past years, proceeds have been used for parish needs listed below.
CHURCH BUILDING: (through 2017)
- Broken glass in the Rose Window was repaired, sealed, and reinforced
- Rainwater damage to plaster and paint was fixed
- Marble statues cleaned, pews washed, and carpets and floors cleaned several times over
- Sanctuary chairs and kneelers reupholstered, and two rows of pew cushions made
- Hymnals and hymnal stands purchased, metal rolling carts purchased
- Piano tuned and a spider dolly to move piano purchased
- Division street Reader board purchased
- Purchased four (4) new vestment sets
- Purchased new transmitter and head set for priests
- Purchases of hosts, wine, and candles for Mass
- Purchase of new overhead lighting.
CARVLIN HALL & KITCHEN: (through 2017)
- Upgraded kitchen counters to stainless steel
- Upgraded electrical service
- Repaired gas fireplace
- Repainted interior
- Replaced worn stage curtain
- Windows and mini-blinds professionally washed
- Kitchen floor stripped & sealed, installed new hall floor to replace old carpeting.
- Extra funds spent on the Poor..
Please join us? YOU are most welcome!